A dear friend of the community is in need of a Stem Cell Transplant. No one in his immediate family is a match, which is where Be The Match comes in. The resources from Be The Match will allow him to find a donor since, like 70% of all patients, no one in his immediate family is a match.
It costs Be The Match $100 to add each new potential donor into their registry.
They have partnered with Angel Bins (http://angelbins.com/) to collect clothing and shoes for third world countries. They will write a check to Be The Match (https://bethematch.org) based on the weight of all the donations. Please attach all used shoes together either by tying the laces together or using a rubber band. Clothing and shoes will be accepted until May 10th.
Any donations can be dropped off to:
1. 411 N. Sweetzer Ave., LA 90048
2. Rosewood Elementary Office - Attn. Tiffany Dushane
3. 317 Avenue F, Redondo Beach CA 90277
4. 12-4 Saturday, May 10th at Crossfit Redondo (1206 South PCH, Redondo Beach)
What does Be The Match do?
- Be The Match connects patients with life-saving marrow donors. We help save lives by:
- Recruiting potential donors: Be The Match manages the largest and most diverse donor registry — more than 10.5 million marrow donors and nearly 185,000 cord blood units.
- Supporting patients: Be The Match provides financial assistance to patients and their families to help offset costs of a marrow transplant.
- Educating doctors: Doctors turn to Be The Match to learn about transplant advances, caring for transplant patients and the importance of timely referral for transplant.
- Advancing science: Be The Match supports research to advance the science of marrow transplant, from improved donor and patient matching to improving post-transplant treatment.